LYNNWOOD HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF ’78
AUGUST 17-19, 2018
AMERICAN LEGION PARK, 11611 THREE LAKES ROAD, SNOHOMISH, WA 98290
As a graduate or classmate of the LHS Class of ’78, you are invited to attend the 40th Class Reunion. Thanks to Carl Griffith for subsidizing the cost of the venue, we are able to have the 3-day event we were hoping for at an affordable cost of $25 per person for the entire weekend.
We are still planning the Reunion activities but here is the line-up so far:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17TH – FOLK NIGHT
Friday will be casual and a time for classmates to get reacquainted. Bring your musical instruments and voices for a fun evening of jamming around the bonfire. Boondock (dry camp) with your tent or RV or go home and come back on Saturday.
- Reunion officially starts at 2:00 pm.
- Dinner is at 6:00 pm. We will provide fresh veggies and fixings for a baked potato bar. Bring your own item to grill.
- Bonfire and S’mores start at 8:00 pm.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18TH – MAIN EVENT
Do you own a car, truck or motorcycle that is your pride and joy? If so, bring it. You could be the winner of one of our prestigious awards. Do you make a mean chili? Bring a crockpot full and let our chili connoisseurs be the judge. Pray for sun so we can take a dip in the Pilchuck River and play horseshoes and volleyball. We also have some competitions planned to show off the athletic abilities you have retained (or gained) since high school. Boondock (dry camp) with your tent or RV or go home and come back on Sunday.
- Breakfast starts at 8:00 am. Pancakes, bacon and eggs are on the menu.
- Lunch is at 12:00 pm. We will provide hamburgers, hotdogs, accoutrements, and chips. Chili judging will be after lunch.
- Car/truck/motorcycle judging will be at 3:00 pm.
- Dinner is at 6:00 pm. We will have more hamburgers and hotdogs or you can bring your own item to grill. If your current last name begins with A-M, please bring a veggie or salad dish to share. If your current last name begins with N-Z, please bring a fruit or dessert dish to share. If you do not cook, we will provide your potluck item for you for an additional $20.
- The music and entertainment will start at 8:00 pm. We are decorating the Park shelter for those of you who want to dance.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19TH – PICNIC
Sunday will be a day to rest, recuperate and make plans for our next get together.
- Breakfast starts at 8:00 am. Fried potatoes, bacon and eggs are on the menu.
- Lunch is at 12:00 pm. We will provide hamburgers, hotdogs, accoutrements, and chips. If we have any, leftovers will also be available.
- The Reunion officially ends at 3:00 so that we can get things cleaned up and be home at a reasonable hour.
SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING
- We will provide coffee, water and a limited variety of soda. BYOB and any special mixers that you want.
- Change of clothes/shoes, coat, swimsuit, thongs/water socks, sunglasses, towel
- Camp/lawn chair, picnic blanket
- Croquet, lawn bowling, or other outdoor games
- Bicycle, skates, or walking/running shoes (the park is adjacent to the Snohomish Trail if you want to take a break and check it out)
- Grill items and potluck dish. Please label your containers and serving utensils so we can get them back to you. If you care to share your chili or potluck recipe, bring it for inclusion in our post-reunion recipe book.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER
The Reunion is a BYOB event. Absolutely no underage drinking or smoking will be allowed. Adults who choose to partake in these activities agree to do so respectfully and responsibly. Classmates are responsible for monitoring (and if appropriate intervening in) the behavior of their guests. Sorry, no pets allowed.
REUNION TICKETS — $30 TICKET PRICE EXTENDED FOR ADVANCE REGISTRATION!
- $30 each if you submit a registration form on or before August 16th.
- $40 each at the event. Only cash payments will be accepted at the Reunion. Those who register in advance still receive the $10 discount even if they do not pay until they arrive.
HOW TO REGISTER